A mink from today. I thought I was seeing the missing kit but I think its the mom. The teeth were too worn to be a kit. She is pretty friendly. She came down to where I was again and let me stay pretty close until she took a nap. She’s not going after crawdads or fish anymore, finding something in the rocks to eat. I saw a ground hog tear off the other day, a mink was on his scent trail and they will kill muskrats etc. I was reading up on mink today, I guess most predators stay away from them, (except an occasional brave owl, coyote & fox). I guess they have 2 glands that can put off an odor worse than a skunk. They also have big teeth, are very strong and long winded and can wiggle all around. They can swim for 2 hours straight. They use their bodies to help propel and they have webbed feet making very fast swimmers. They can chase a fish for 20 seconds and catch it. The will eat cormorant and other big birds, they kill them by drowning. They are nocturnal and don’t hibernate in the winter. They can be made into pets, but leather gloves have to be worn to handle them. They’re supposed to be pretty smart. I guess they can be a nightmare for trappers, finding a live one in a trap is an experience they won’t soon forget.
- YouTube’s Monetization Changes will Hurt Everyone
- My New New Boat – Yamaha Vs Mercury
- How to Fillet Catfish with Electric Knife
- Learning How to Walleye Fish
- Why do Catfisherman Cast Out so Far?
- Secrets to Catching Biggest Walleye
- Mississippi River Still High
- People might think i’m paranoid about people watching me but I’m not
- Beware of Rock River Flathead Catfish Guides
- Fran Riley Show on KWQC
- Best Walleye fishing Rock River
- Fishing Tournament Weigh-ins are Misleading