4/25/17 Commercial fisherman runs 3 gill nets from bank to bank, then spooks all the fish in the lake by running his motor and using a plunger for several hours. When he was done all the wildlife was gone, all the game fish and catfish were also gone. The lake turned to muddy water. There is an eagles nest, otters, waterfowl, swans and cranes that are now gone. This is Rock River in northern IL. near sterling Rock Falls. He is from savana. He has a permit to commercial fish that pool. The DNR must not care about fisherman if they let these guys do this to our only backwater lake on that pool. Fisherman need to complain and demand rights to fish without having our fishery destroyed by one commercial fisherman.
- July Photos
- High Water Year Again, Fisherman, Are You Enjoying this Global Warming Now?
- Tournaments all over Pool 13 & 14
- How Big Really Was That Big Fish
- About My Photography
- Fisherman and Hunters should Vote Democrat
- Fisherman Stealing Fishing Spots
- Was That Photo Photoshopped?
- First Fishing Cartoon 2017
- Random Thoughts
- Otter on the Rock River
- Commercial fishing Hurts Fisherman & Wildlife