Fisherman's Forum Forum Index -> Fishing -> Wolf Hunting With Golden Eagles of Mongolia
Wolf Hunting With Golden Eagles of Mongolia
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quote
fishead
Site Admin

Note from fishead: This video is disturbing and not for everyone. Read my thoughts below the video

Eagle Hunting, one of the most dramatic and primal relationships between man and beast is alive and well in the remote mountains of western Mongolia. Falconry developed in Central Asia and for centuries, Kazakh men have hunted from horseback with trained golden eagles, the largest and most powerful of raptors. Fox, rabbit and wolf are hunted for their fur and for the challenge they present.

This video isn't what it seems. The way I see it, it is not an eagle killing a wolf, it is in fact these idiots that chase down a wolf on horseback until the wolf tires, then they brutally let the eagles finish the wolf off. If the wolf puts up much of a fight they let one more, or several more eagles go attack the lone wolf viciously. The wolf dies a slow painful death. I see no sport in this, it is cruel and inhumane and the hunters deserve to suffer the fate of the wolf they torture. Big men on horseback, I don't think so, more like cowards that like to watch animals suffer a slow death. They probably kept the wolf to take home and poke its eyes out with sticks. The eagles probably suffer a lot of damage and with a high mortality rate. Cruelty to animals I say, not a sport, not hunting, hunters don't torture.

Fisherman's Forum Forum Index -> Fishing