Fisherman's Forum Forum Index -> Photography -> Video software
Video software
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:35 am Reply with quote
fishead
Site Admin

I'll start from the beginning. Making videos for youtube isn't the same as making full size videos for dvd and not all software is up to par for dvd. Like roxio, the newer version absolutely do not work for anything except for small video with low quality. I started out using roxio 6, and I was always happy with it and made a lot of photo slideshows and videos. But then I bought roxio 6 and sold my roxio six and found that was a big mistake. The person I sold it to was making copies of it to sell on ebay. When I confronted him about it he sent me a copy, which did not work, but he also included a working copy of a burning edition. I always regretted selling that and missed it and recently bought an original veriosn on ebay for $11 with a key that actually works. After trying it I realize how old it is and way out of date.

After finding out roxio was junk, and not fixable, I paid over $100 for abobe elements premiere. It was good, so I bout the next edition premiere 3. It was ok but extremely limited. I needed better quality, adobe was just didn't have it. So I started looking for something else. I heard pinnacle was good software but I just couldn't get myself to pay the $120 for full package. I put it off again and again. They wanted me to install it online, then pay another $15 for a cd copy. I don't know if I would be able to use it on more than one pc and I use several to do my work. Well the other day I bought an older version from 2008 for a fraction of the cost and it is new in the box. I must say at this point I am very impressed with what all it can do and I have much more control over the quality and it looks to have much options for high quality. It also has hd, and chroma key green screen for adding vidio over top of video, where I can film myself explaining whats going on in the fishing dvd.

I did read lately that sony is the best but it costs $400 nfor the professional version. That's not bad compared to what adobe wants, which is thousands of dollars and that is why they don't put much into the elements edition.

Stay tuned to see how it goes.

Fisherman's Forum Forum Index -> Photography