Fisherman's Forum Forum Index -> Photography -> New Camera
New Camera
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:36 pm Reply with quote
fishead
Site Admin

I was finding I needed to change lenses constantly, and each time the camera and lens were exposed and getting lint and dirt inside. I have been wanting a larger lens for some time and the one I want could get for around $400 on ebay used and it is an off brand. So after some thought I decided I needed a 2nd camera so I could have both lens at the ready. The small lens for landscape and the large lens for birds and wildlife. This would help my photography immensely because I was missing a lot of shots because I had the wrong lens on.

First I decided to get a rebel xs just like the one I have, it is affordable and everything matches, my memory card, my batteries, everything. I bid on a body in ebay, new without box or warranty and I bid up to $275 but was out bid. So looking around I couldn't find anything for less than $400. I saw Walmart had and xs for $450 but it was out of stock. I called the store and asked what the had and was surprised they had one t1i left on sale for $550, regularly $650. I didn't have to think it about it long to decide that is what I wanted so I went out and bought the last one.

This camera is much better than my xs, it has more mp, it has video, it is a much better camera and everything matches, the batteries etc.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t1i_ef_s_18_55mm_is_kit

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:19 am Reply with quote
rb2d2

Wow, looks like you really did good. That's a great price.

Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:54 am Reply with quote
fishead
Site Admin

Yes it was, can't hardly find it for under $750 online. I wish they have more at that price, I could resell them.

Fisherman's Forum Forum Index -> Photography