Fisherman's Forum Forum Index -> Fishead's Corner -> Websites
Websites
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quote
fishead
Site Admin

People don't realize what all goes into making a website look right for all viewers. There are different browsers and coding doesn't always work the same for all, some browsers fall apart or look ridicules and some websmasters don't even know it and some don't care. I tried learning how to code the right where no matter what size the window is, it self adjusts and looks good. The problems I had was different browsers just didn't look the same. I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work right and eventually gave up and started using tables and setting a basic size that are not self adjusting, but since the sizes are what are used most there is no problem and they do look the same in all browsers.

Some sights, in full screen, are all the way on the left side, or too small with lots of white on the sides and these people don't use full screen windows and so they don't know or don't care what people see. It can make them look like they don't know what they are doing. Even some very large sites do this, but you won't see the largest and best sites with these errors, like ebay, google, yahoo etc.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote
rb2d2

Quote:
...these people don't use full screen windows and so they don't know or don't care what people see.

You're right Dave, you're right. Not about not care but about not knowing. LOL

After reading this I went and tested those pages we worked on again, the one with your widths and the one with my widths, with my side bar closed. And after all the dust settled your page won hands down.

One page will look better in one situation and worse in another. Same for the other page. However considering everything yours displays by far the best.

Thank you for all the hard work you did coding the Katy page, I really appreciate it.

Smile